Apr 27, 2018

Quilling for Beginners without Tools - Basic Shapes

Quilling for Beginners Basic Shapes

No tools? No problem!

If you've just fallen in love with quilling, have no supplies, and just want to have a taste of quilling before diving in, then this video is made just for you.

Use a round toothpick and whatever paper you have on hand to make basic shapes. Learn how fun it is to create these entrancing pieces.

Of all the crafts I've played with over the years, quilling is the least expensive, yet I can express so much.



How to make your own quilling paper - template

Download my template to make your own quilling strips:
http://paperzen.blogspot.ca/2014/06/diy-quilling-strips-tutorial-with-free.html



Quilling for beginners - how to make basic shapes


Download a worksheet and follow along with me as I show you how to make basic shapes in my YouTube video.





After you've dipped your toe into quilling, and you want to take your first steps, I always recommend the Klutz Twirled Paper book because it comes with paper, a slotted tool, glue, and so many fun and fantastic examples of quilling suitable for both boys and girls of any age (especially adult-age!). It was my first book, and still my favorite referral for anyone quilling for the first time.


Klutz Twirled Paper Book

3 comments:

  1. "Of all the crafts I've played with over the years, quilling is the least expensive, yet I can express so much." Completely agree with this sentiment 100%, Cecelia. It's hard to imagine my life if I hadn't come across quilling... you're opening a whole new world to so many people via this post - yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus I've gotten to people like you, Ann! All thanks to some strips of paper, glue, and imagination.

      Delete