Feb 9, 2018

Quilling Letter L - Cut Coil Flowers

Quilling Letter L Cut Coil Flowers Tutorial

A friend and I were beading necklaces one day and she suggested I arrange the beads randomly. For my organized brain, that sounded like blasphemy, but I gave it a try and happily realized it was perfectly imperfect. Since then I've embraced randomness wherever I can.



My latest video shows a technique that I call "Cut Coil Flowers", because they are formed by cutting a coil apart. The resulting petals vary in size, resulting in random flower petals. They are surprisingly fast to make.


Quilling Letter L Cut Coil Flowers Template

Even though the letter L was enlarged 150%, it still allowed for a large showy area on my 6x6 card. 
Download the template here.



Quillling_Letters_Cecelia_Louie

My new PDF e-book, Quilling Letters is available in my Etsy shop. Every side and curve of the 26 letters of the alphabet is pre-measured – just lay your strip on top of my patterns, score, snip, fold, and glue.

2 comments:

  1. Love those cut coil flowers Cecelia! Kudos to your patience in making those detailed videos!! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for such kind words Vineetha! I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying my way of working! :D You totally made my day!
      Cecelia

      Delete